Search this site! E.g. ami trivedi

Loading

Search Products on Amazon

Thursday 2 December 2010

FAMILY TIES! Ami Trivedi Ji & her Mummy!


Ami Trivedi juggled between studies and the stage for years, before making her debut in the alternative reality world of television. She quickly stole the limelight as the effervescent Kituu in the serial 'Kituu Sab Janti Hai' on Sahara One, playing the role of a young extrovert 20-something girl who takes the plunge to face the professional world. She confesses to being truly in love with her Gujarati culture — be it the clothes, the exuberant dandiya, or the food which she misses the most when shooting on the sets.


Ami's mother Jaya is the greatest inspiration in her life. Jaya commutes between Mumbai and London where her husband Tusshar Trivedi works as a drama director at the Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan. When she's in Mumbai, she frequently visits her daughter on the sets with homemade food and also helps her to select the right kind of work.


AMI:
Mom is the backbone of our family and takes care of all the housework. Had it not been for Mama, I wouldn't have been able to work in television. My mother always complains about how naughty I was when I was a child but she's the sweetest person I have come across. As my father was away in the UK, she was the person who was around all the time when I was growing up. She has been the greatest pillar of strength in both my professional and personal life. 

I was not a spoilt child but my brother Karan is. I remember when I said that I wanted to become an actor, my father was against it. But my mother stood beside me and supported my decision. In fact, when I was in school, I never thought that I would grow up to be a television actress. I was very shy in school but used to do very well in studies. My parents never complained about my studies, as I would always come first.

Since I shoot the whole day, it's not convenient for me to stay at my parent's place which is located at Marine Lines. Instead, I stay at my uncle's place in Andheri, which is near the studio. Therefore, the one thing that I miss is my ghar ka khana made by my mother. But she makes up for it by bringing homemade food for me on the sets sometimes.

The one quality which I really like in my mother is that she is very honest and knows how to handle situations. She never imposes her views on me but explains the pros and cons of every situation. She takes care of each and every aspect of my life and pampers me a lot.


JAYA: 
Ami was not bratty in school but yes, she was naughty. It was my son Karan who's one-and-a-half years younger than Ami, who used to give me all the trouble. We always had high expectations from Ami as she used to come first in her exams. By contrast, Karan was not good at studies and used to fail in his exams. But his best friend was Ami and she used to come to his aid whenever his father scolded him. I remember that when the results came out, my husband used to ask Ami what she wanted. And every time she used to request him not to scold Karan if his results were not up to the mark.

What I like about Ami is that even after achieving fame, she still remains very down-to-earth and simple. Once there was an accident on the road where an old woman was injured. At that time, she was passing by and stopped her car to help the old lady. She took her to the nearby hospital and immediately called me from there. I think this shows that she has a soft heart and is basically a good human being. I always tell her to be honest in her dealings with people. Ami gets emotionally upset if people don't praise her work. She shares every little secret with me and keeps calling me throughout the day.

As a child, she was very shy and was exactly the opposite of my son Karan. But what I can't stand is her choice of clothes. Though she hardly gets time to shop for clothes, if she happens to go on her own, she'll inevitably pick up the wrong stuff. Also she's a bit superstitious and if somebody tells her that a particular outfit doesn't suit her, she'll never wear that dress again.

Both my children love to surprise me on my birthday or when I come back from the UK. They stock the fridge with lots of vegetables and fruits so that I don't have to bother about going grocery shopping when I return home. Sometimes I also drop into Ami's sets with homemade food as she loves dhoklas. I always worry about her food as nowadays she's staying at her uncle's place. Ami also makes it a point to call up when she reaches her uncle's home at night. I go to sleep only after getting her call because I always worry about her erratic timings. 

Though I might not show it, I am proud of my daughter. Her role of Miss Know-All in Kituu Sab Janti Haisuits her perfectly, as in real life too Ami has solutions for everything. And I don't really have any problems about being referred to as Ami Trivedi's mother. It just so happens that nowadays I have to take advice from her about day-to-day things.

Interview courtesy :- http://www.telegraphindia.com/1060318/asp/weekend/story_5957374.asp

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Similar Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...