Search this site! E.g. ami trivedi

Loading

Search Products on Amazon

Monday 21 March 2011

Latest Interview of Ami Trivedi Ji !!! And the longest one too!

“I’VE HAD TO SACRIFICE MANY THINGS AFTER MARRIAGE”
AMI TRIVEDI DISCLOSES ALL ABOUT HER MARRIED LIFE!

She started her career with Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai and went on to play notable characters in Zaara, Jaane Kya Baat Hui and Bajega Band Baaja to name a few. Today, making us laugh with her comical character Kokila Parikh in Papad Pol …Shahbuddin Rathod Ki Rangeen Duniya, one can say with certainty that Ami Trivedi has arrived. Besides leaving people in splits with her Kokila act, she was recently in the news as she completed a year of matrimonial bliss. Other than acting, if there’s another role she’s enjoying to the T, it is that of a loving wife. With all such goings-on in the perky actress’s life, I can definitely say that this is one girl who knows the perfect recipe to strike a balance between her personal and professional lives. Showtime caught-up with the happy-go-lucky lady for a chat.

Most people believe that it’s easier to make people cry than make them laugh. And who better than Ami would know that. From the usual drama to comedy, her career has come a full circle. If there’s one genre that is currently trending in the industry, it is comedy. Says Ami, “As a viewer, after a hard day of work, if I want to come back home and relax, I’d stay away from watching a daily soap as it would tire me all the more. Comedy is something that you can catch up on even while you surf channels. There’s no connectivity as such. And it sure brings a smile to your face.” Her role in Papad Pol is eliciting her quite a few compliments. She admits, “I miss the show even if I’m on vacation. The people here are like family to me. I don’t think I ever got bored on the set. I’m very attached to the show and after Kittu… if there’s something really big that’s happened in my life, it has to be Papad Pol.”

So was it a conscious decision to shift to comedy after having tried her hand at other genres? “I have been very fortunate. I was doing Jaane Kya Baat Hui, which was a typical daily. Whatever I had done post Kittu…was all regular stuff. This was the time when I was hooked on to SAB TV because of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. I had always wished to do something similar. I think there’s some kind of supernatural power that keeps guiding me because every time I’ve wished for something from the bottom of my heart, I’ve got it,” she asserts.

Now that she realizes taking up comedy has been a rather smart move on her part, has she bid adieu to daily soaps completely? She says, “I’m not restricting myself but due to time constraints I can’t do anything other than this show. If there’s something substantial after six months, I’m open to taking it up.” Running through her career graph, I notice how she’s made her mark in various kinds of roles. I ask her if the fear of being typecast was the reason to choose distinguished characters and she explains, “I’m probably one of the few actresses who has done everything. From a protagonist to a regular bahu to negative characters to comedy, I’ve almost tried it all. The audience is ready to accept me in different roles. So why should I just stick to one thing?”
A while ago, the actress completed a blissful year of marriage. She informs, “The year went by so fast that we didn’t even realize it. It still feels like we just got married. It’s like I just came back from my honeymoon! But the fact that we don’t know how time flew by goes to show that we enjoy each other’s company and that we’re far from being bored.” Well, that sure is a good sign. The actress reveals that a lot of positive things have taken place for the couple. “We both flourished work-wise. I got Papad Pol. Post marriage, I don’t think I’ve had a normal day of ghar aao, khaana pakao till date. It’s been a joyride for me,Ami says happily.

They say with marriage comes a lot of change and compromise. Quiz her on that and she says with utmost honesty, “Before marriage, we met like lovers, but now there is a lot of responsibility. My husband and I come from two completely dissimilar families. So his customs, his traditions and style of living was something that I had to adapt to.”

Considering both husband and wife have a busy schedule, how do they manage to spend time together? “We may get less time with each other but we sure spend a lot of quality time together. Whatever time we got with each other in this one year, we made sure we had a blast. Working in a daily means you have to prioritize. It’s natural for my husband to be my priority. If I’m working, I give my 100 per cent to that but when I’m not, my time goes to my family. I do have to sacrifice many other things. I can’t go partying with my friends. I guess, once you’re a married working woman, socializing is reduced. In fact, it’s become zero for me but I must say I have no regrets at all. Whatever time I spend with my husband and family is very important and I find immense happiness in that alone,” says the doting wife.

As for starting a family, the actress maintains the not yet-ready stance. She justifies, “I wouldn’t want to ‘plan’ a child. It’s something made out of love. It becomes a very mechanical way of living a life then. But to be honest, I’m trying to avoid starting a family now because I’m also committed to my work. Personally too, we both wish to grow in our own lives at the moment. When we are ready to take responsibility, it will happen. We have yet to make it big in our lives before we have a baby.”

Having successfully taken up a variety of roles, can we ever see her in reality shows too? “I love watching Comedy Circus. I haven’t given thought to whether I’d like to be there because I’m too pre-occupied with the work in hand. I have personal restrictions too. I’m no glam doll. I look at myself as a complete Indian woman and by nature, I am a little conservative. Not that all the women in Comedy Circus have to be glamorous but if they do have something which suits me, I’m sure I’ll do it,” she says. While she may take up reality shows like these, a Bigg Boss is a strict no-no for her. “I’m a very private person. I feel my fans love to see me as Kokila and want to believe and imagine that this woman is just like her character in real life too. I don’t want to distort that image. I want them to live in their imagination. Not that there is a psychic side to me but if I know a Shah Rukh Khan in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, I’d like to remember him as Raj. If I get to know him personally, and find out he’s a completely different person, as a fan I will be disappointed. That’s the reason why I don’t want to break that image. So, Bigg Boss is out of question.

As she reflects upon her journey till date, one can easily notice the feeling of contentment in her though she has had her share of ups and downs. She smiles and says, “I wouldn’t say it was a very smooth ride. There have been shows where I have enjoyed myself to the core and there have been times when I’ve thought to myself mujhe yahaan se nikaalo, main yeh sab sehen nahi kar sakti. There have been times when I’ve cried my eyes out because I haven’t got time for myself and I’ve even seen those days when I’ve sat at home and cried for work. I think I’ve experienced everything in life. The best part about my career has been that so far my life has not been monotonous at all. It’s all been very colourful and fulfilling. I hope this is not the end and that there’s a lot more to come.” For a girl who takes every challenge as a fresh beginning, there is no stopping her.

3 comments:

Similar Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...