Search this site! E.g. ami trivedi

Loading

Search Products on Amazon

Thursday 2 December 2010

Why Doesn't Ami Trivedi Look into the Mirror?

Why Doesn't Ami Trivedi Look into the Mirror?

Katyayani Purohit may be a tongue twister but it has twisted Sahara One’s TRPs in its favour. Let’s cut short Katyayani and how about making it Kituu – now that makes sense! It also made sense to Ami Trivedi who accepted the role of Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai currently engaging viewers on Sahara One - the girl in the news, on the hoardings across the city and the girl who has no time to look into the mirror. 

For Ami, Kituu was a blessing in disguise. It became an escape route for her – escape from the drudgery and the boring role she would have had to play if her dad, who was dead against her acting, had his way.
 
“Thank God Kituu came along otherwise my dad would’ve been looking for boys for me… and I would’ve been married. He is the jaldi shaadi karlo types. Kituu saved me. Of course in the show it’s the other way round. My mum wants me to get married.”
 
Ami was studying to be a doctor, but as luck would have it, she ended up acting. Ami says, “Acting always interested me so I got into it. I have been a child artiste and I’ve also done theatre.”
 
Kituu is her first role as a lead and “it’s been a wonderful experience although doing a daily is very hectic.”
 
Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai is about a middle-class but carefree girl Kituu who is struggling to make her mark as a journalist and who eventually becomes the well-known face across the nation as a determined and a hard-core journalist. “Katyayani Purohit is an intelligent smart girl. As the story moves forward she becomes more subtle in her behaviour. It’s a lot of fun to play a journalist although right now I’m playing the part of a trainee,” she coos.
 
“Everyone calls me Kituu. The number of hoardings and posters I’ve seen of myself it’s really a head rush. I don’t look at myself in the mirror so often.”
 
A true Mumbaiya her parents remote-control her life from London In her spare time she loves to read Archie’s comic and is currently hooked onto Harry Potter. She also has some bad habits - like talking on her cell while driving. Wonder if she’s heard of something called the hands free!
 
“I don’t have hands free because the moment any electronic equipment comes into my hands it stops working for some reason. The whole day I’m busy shooting, so whenever I have to catch up with friends or do some interviews it’s while I’m driving. Otherwise I just don’t have the time,” complains Ami.
 
But she is glad that she is doing a serial that is fresh in its concept and is unlike the saas bahu bores. “I think people are now bored of saas bahu types. Jassi... worked quite well. The audience want to see something different. I think anything different now will work. Everyone is telling me not to change the storyline and keep it the way it is. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will be this way.”
 
Hope you can influence the system! If you do Ami, we guarantee that you’ll have lesser time to look into the mirror. WHY? Because by then the number of hoardings would have increased three-fold…!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Similar Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...